Racing News

Home > Racing > News > Spring XC Classic 1 POSTPONED TO SUNDAY 16 FEBRUARY at CROWTHORNE WOOD


by Jane Lucas, 06 Feb 20.

As you'll know, the weather forecast for Sunday 9th February has been showing gales across the country with the likelihood of some damage to buildings and trees. As public safety is of paramount importance, the Crown Estate has decided to close The Great Park and adjoining land on Sunday and we wholeheartedly agree that it is the correct thing to do.

Fortunately, they have very kindly agreed that the event planned for this Sunday can be run at Crowthorne Wood a week later instead on the 16th February. We hope that you will still be able to make it to the event so, as is usual in these circumstances, we will move your entry over to the new date and you donít need to do anything. However, if you arenít able to make the new date then just email us at BY MIDNIGHT ON WEDNESDAY 12 FEBRUARY AT THE LATEST and we can either transfer your entry to the second XC Classic on Sunday 1 March or send you a full refund via PayPal.

If you can make the event on the new date, then youíll receive an information email just prior to the event and there will be posts on our our facebook as usual about the course conditions.

Once again we apologise for any inconvenience and disappointment that this postponement may cause, but rider safety is always paramount. If you know of some friends who were planning to attend and enter on the day, then please help us to spread the word.

Many thanks for your understanding.