Brass Monkeys XC Endurance Winter Series - Starts Sunday 27 November
by Jane Lucas, 22 Nov 22.
As the premier XC Endurance events in the South, the hugely popular Brass Monkeys Series is held at outstanding venues over 5-6 mile laps. You'll ride through heath and pine woodland with flowing and testing singletrack mixed in with swooping trails and stone fire roads on stunning courses. You just choose how long you want to ride for, your age category and then complete as many laps as you can before the time cut off.
Categories are defined by your age on Sunday 29 January 2023 and will be:
- 2hr Male Junior 14-17, Male 18-39, Female 14-39, Male 40+, Female 40+, 2hr Male & Female Fat Bike 18+
- 3hr Male 50+
- 4hr Male 18-39, Female 18+, Male 40+, Male & Female Single Speed 18+
These friendly events have full facilities. Each event is a standalone race with trophies, but it's also a round of a the Series, and you need to ride and get points in every round to be in contention. There's podium trophy presentations, plus Series trophies and prizes at the last round. Thanks to our generous sponsors there's spot prizes too.
The events open at 8am for the collection your number board & course pre-riding and the START TIMES are:
- 10am (finishing 12pm) All 2hr riders including Junior Males and Fat Bike. Podium: about 12.10pm.
- 10.10am (finishing 2.10pm) All 4hr riders including Single Speed. Podium about 2.20pm.
- 10.15am (finishing 1.15pm) 3hr riders. Podium about 1.25pm.
Course updates will be posted on our our facebook page in the lead up to the events.
Entry is online only HERE and riders who select the Enter all 3 option will go into a prize draw to be drawn at Round 1.
ENTRY CLOSES LATE ON WEDNESDAY 23 NOVEMBER, SORRY NO ENTRY ON THE DAY.