MTB Challenge Event Information
ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT
- HOT Registration opens at 8.30am and riders may start between 9am & 10.30am
- COOL Registration opens at 8am and riders may start between 8.30am & 10am
- If you have pre-entered, go to that counter and collect your Registration bag
- Prepare for your ride and then go to the Start when you are ready
- Riders will be set off individually and the time noted on the computer
- There will be water and energy drink and snacks at friendly stops on the routes
- When you arrive back you will be given a completion award and can then relax, socialise and enjoy the facilities
- The events close by 4pm (Hot) or 3.30pm (Cool) at the latest
- All riders over 18 have a chance to win a Saddle Skedaddle cycling holiday in a prize draw
- Any rider may win a spot prize
- Timings will be posted on this web site on the evening of the event
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- A mountain bike/gravel bike in good working condition with off road tyres
- A helmet and gloves
- Clothing suitable for both the event and the weather conditions
- A puncture repair kit/inner tubes and a tyre pump
- Tools and a First Aid kit
- Snacks plus a water bottle or a hydration system
- A mobile phone and some loose change
Ensure your number board is visible and securely attached to your handlebars. When you are ready, wait at the START point for your start time to be recorded. Take your route map as a guide, but our route is marked with black arrows on a fluro yellow background and hanging red & white tape.
Please take extra care at road junctions and remember that this event is NOT A RACE.
Call Event HQ if you have a problem or withdraw from the event, the mobile numbers are on your route map.
Long Route: #1 at 22 km, #2 at 37 km.
Medium km Route: #1 at 22 km
Make sure you pass the FINISH point to have your return time recorded.
ALL riders must return to the Finish - please call us using one of the contact numbers on your map if you do not complete your ride so we can log you back in.
Event HQ closes at 5.00pm.