by Jane Lucas, 20 Jun 23.
Cool MTB Challenge – Sunday 8th October - HQ at The Pavilion, Charlton Sport and Leisure Centre, Andover, Hants SP10 3LF
Organised by our experienced, friendly team, this is a timed, choice of distance, fully supported, marked route off road mountain bike event through Hampshire and Wiltshire. There’s a choice of routes Medium or Long but they all always include a particularly memorable section of swooping twisty single track through glorious beech woods which just seems to go on for miles.
This popular, sociable event offers something for all riders, including e-bike riders who are very welcome to take part. Some riders like to push themselves, others like to ride with their family (U16s ride for FREE with an adult, no need to enter them separately) whilst others just enjoy riding through the stunning scenery with their friends. The event is so flexible you can even decide which route to do whilst you’re out riding.
You’ll receive a FREE TORQ bar or gel when you sign in and there’s FREE energy food and drink at the friendly water stop on the routes. All riders receive a finisher’s award and there’ll be on-site catering available.
YOUR EVENT ENTRY INCLUDES:
- Fully direction marked circular routes
- Choice of route lengths Medium 30-35km or Long 45-55km
- GPX & Colour Track Logs O.S. map sheet
- Event HQ with parking, drinking water, toilets & showers
- On site catering
- FREE TORQ Energy Bar or Gel
- Rider public liability insurance
- Mechanical support
- Computerised event timing
- Friendly Stops with FREE TORQ Energy Drink and energy snacks
- Event photographer and FREE photo download of you riding the event
- Mobile 4 X 4 marshals
- Finishers' award
- Bike Wash facility
- Web results service